BDPA Foundation

Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Vidette Online, 9/14/2016 (Basheer Becerra, Joel Johnson)

Basheer Becerra
ISU Student Helps Local High School Place Third. The Black Data Processing Associates (BDPA) Central Illinois High School Computer Competition (HSCC) team placed third out of 15 teams at the BDPA National Conference with the help of one Illinois State University sophomore.

Basheer Becerra is studying computer sciences at ISU and said that when the opportunity to be a mentor to high school students presented itself, he was more than willing.

“During my freshman year when I [had] just joined BDPA, I was looking for some non-profit organizations to get involved with to help mentor students,” Becerra said. “Then I received an email from Joel Johnson, and he said we have opportunities available for Information Technology mentorship, so it was just what I was looking for. I joined immediately and Joel introduced me to the program.”

Read the rest of the Vidette Online article.

No comments: