BDPA Foundation

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Dreams Keep Me Awake, 7/31/2013 (Khalia Braswell)

Khalia Braswell
White House Tech Inclusion Champion for Change. Watching this live broadcast was very inspiring! Fortunately, I was familiar with quite a few of the organizations on the panel including Black Girls Code, the National Center for Women In Technology (NCWIT) and Digital Undivided.

In 2008, I was a recipient of the Aspirations in Computing Award from the NCWIT. As a result of receiving this award and my involvement with the Black Data Processing Associates (BDPA) High School Computer Competition, (I was on the 2008 Charlotte team which placed 5th), I will be attending the BDPA Conference in two weeks in DC to sit on a panel for NCWIT!

Read the full Dreams Keep Me Awake blog post.

No comments: